OUR AIM IS TO PROVIDE A PRESCHOOL PROGRAM THAT FULLY PREPARES CHILDREN FOR THEIR TRANSITION INTO PRIMARY SCHOOL AND BEYOND
Young children’s play allows them to explore, identify, negotiate, take risks and create meaning. The intellectual and cognitive benefits of playing have been well documented. Children who engage in quality play experiences are more likely to have well-developed memory skills, language development, and are able to regulate their behaviour, leading to enhanced school adjustment and academic learning (Bodrova & Leong, 2005).
Some examples of our curriculum content:
- Science experiments
- Sensory play with various textures, sand and water play
- Literacy- learning alphabet games and songs, letter of the week
- Numeracy- counting and measurement activities
- Music and movement
- Block building
- Exciting socio-dramatic play areas
- Zoo incursions, cooking,
- Trips to the local library
Our preschool program assists children to make a smooth transition to school. It enables children to become familiar and comfortable with the expectations, rules and routines in the school environment. The following list outlines some of the skills we help the children to develop:
- Listening during group times, sitting still and not becoming easily distracted, following directions.
- Socialising appropriately with peers e.g. cooperating, working as a group, helping others.
- Recognising their health and hygiene needs independently.
- Regulating their emotions, being comfortable with separation from parents.